Consistent, ongoing execution of vulnerability management and policy compliance is difficult, if not impossible to do on a manual basis. There are simply too many “moving parts” to juggle and act on in a timely and cost-effective manner.
This guide provides a step-by-step guide for automating the vulnerability and compliance workflow process.
The 8 step vulnerability and compliance workflow process includes:
- Create security policies and controls
- Track inventory and categorize assets
- Scan systems for vulnerabilities
- Compare vulnerabilities against inventory
- Classify and rank risks
- Pre-test patches, fixes and workarounds
- Apply patches, fixes and workarounds
- Re-scan to confirm fixes and verify compliance
Details on each of these steps are available by downloading a complementary copy of “Guide to Effective Remediation of Network Vulnerabilities and Policy Compliance”