.NET applications are easy to develop with Oracle Database 11g. Oracle offers three .NET products:
1. Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio .NET
2. Oracle Data Provider for .NET
3. .NETstored procedures.
These products are free of charge and easy to use for either the novice database programmer or the advanced programmer. They provide extensive support for basic tasks, such as drag and drop .NET code generation, and advanced tasks, such as integrated PL/SQL debugging with .NET applications.
Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio .NET
The Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio .NET (ODT) is a tightly integrated “Add-in” for Microsoft Visual Studio.
• ODT is free and it is available for both Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio .NET 2003.
• ODT makes developing .NET code for Oracle easy and fast and allows developers to stay in Visual Studio for the entire
• ODT provides the ability to browse and edit Oracle schema objects using integrated visual designers and to automatically
generate .NET code by simply dragging and dropping.
• Developers can easily modify table data, execute Oracle SQL statements, edit and debug PL/SQL code and develop
and deploy .NET stored procedures.
• The integrated context sensitive online help, including the Oracle SQL and PL/SQL Users Guides puts the Oracle documentation
at your fingertips.
Oracle Data Provider for .NET
• The Oracle Data Provider for .NET (ODP.NET) features optimized
data access to the Oracle database from a .NET environment.
• ODP.NET allows developers to take advantage of advanced
Oracle database functionality, including Real Application
Clusters, performance optimizations, XML DB, and advanced
• ODP.NET gives programmers better performance, flexibility,
and feature choice for their .NET applications. With it, developers
can use .NET, but not sacrifice the powerful data management
capabilities that Oracle provides.
• ODP.NET natively supports .NET Framework 1.0 and higher,
including the .NET Framework for 32-bit Windows, Windows x64
(AMD64 and Intel EM64T), and 64-bit Windows for Intel Itanium.
.NET Stored Procedures
• The Oracle Database Extensions for .NET is a feature of Oracle Database 11g on Windows that makes it easy to develop, deploy,
and run stored procedures and functions written in a .NET managed language such as C# or VB.NET.
• .NET stored procedures or functions are developed using Microsoft Visual Studio and deployed using the tightly integrated.
• .NET Deployment Wizard which is a feature of the Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio .NET. After deployment, a .NET
stored procedure can be called from within .NET application code; from SQL or PL/SQL; from another .NET, PL/SQL, or Java stored
procedure; from a trigger; or from anywhere else a stored procedure or function call is allowed.
Get Started Today
You can quickly start using .NET with Oracle databases. Just download ODT and ODP.NET from the Oracle Technology Network
.NET download page
For the .NET stored procedures, download Oracle Database 11g.